Funny how I sign on here to start an “end of my pregnancy” post, and there I find waiting for me is a “beginning of my pregnancy” post that I never published. I had every intention of publishing that after we told family, friends & coworkers. Oops. This is just one of the many reasons that I stink at blogging.
Well, even though I stink at blogging, I’m hoping to be better at it once I have something, or rather someone, to blog about. Yes, I am hoping to be a Momma Blogger. It’s so important that it needs to be capitalized. We have so many friends and family that live far away that I thought it would be important to let them know about our baby’s life via this blog. But don’t hold your breath for anything epic…
Tomorrow, I go in for our ECV. It’s really not a big deal, but there is the slightest chance that something could happen, and we have ourselves a baby girl! No matter what happens tomorrow, the fact is I am 37 weeks along so this part is almost finished. With that thought in my mind, I have been thinking a lot about what I will miss about pregnancy and what I can’t wait to be able to do and, mostly, eat again.
Let’s start with my first list.
Things I Look Forward to After Pregnancy
- Sushi. Omg. How much I miss you! I’ve eaten some of the “safe” sushi, but I really want like 13 different types of salmon rolls right now. I cannot wait for my favorite food to be back in my life. Nom nom nom!
- Coffee. Yes, I have still had some coffee here and there, but I’ve tried to be good about it. I look forward to not having to worry and enjoying it as much as I want.
- Alcohol. I never thought I would miss this one as much as I do. I’m not a big drinker, but I miss the occasional wine night with the ladies. Or the summer time beer outside in our hammock. Even though this has never happened before because we just got our hammock a couple weeks ago, but it will! I know I won’t be able to go crazy once baby girl is here because I plan to breastfeed, but I look forward to that first glass of wine knocking me on my butt drunk the first time.
- Bike riding. I am really sad that I haven’t gotten to enjoy any spring or summer bike rides. Maybe in the fall… Considering I don’t think my nether-regions will be tolerating it for awhile.
- Sleeping on my belly. Omg! I am such a belly sleeper! I can’t wait to get this position back.
- Not having to pee 9 times a night. Now, everyone says that I will still have to pee all the time after a baby because that’s life. But I’m positive the amount of times I get up in the night to pee will decrease compared to what they are now.
This post ended up longer than I planned. Therefore, I will save my “Things I’ll Miss About Pregnancy” post for another day because believe it or not, there are a few.